The school opens to receive pupils at 8.50am. No responsibility is accepted for pupils arriving before that time.
- Classes commence each day at 9.00am.
- There is a mid morning break at I0.50am and a lunch break at 12.30pm.
- Junior and Senior Infant classes are dismissed at 1.40pm. All other classes are dismissed at 2.40pm. Parents are encouraged to collect their children at the official dismissal times.
- Parents must accompany children to and from the school gate.
- In the event of a pupil being absent through illness or for any other reason the class teacher should be informed by the standard note on the pupil’s return to school. If it is anticipated that the absence will be of lengthy duration, the class teacher or Principal should be informed by note, or telephone as soon as possible.
- When it is necessary for a pupil to leave the school early a note must be sent to the class teacher. Parents/guardians are asked to call personally to the classroom to collect the child. Any person collecting a child on behalf of a parent will only be permitted to take the child if the parent has contacted the school beforehand. Please accept that it is only in the interest of the safety of your child that these procedures are in force. A sign out/in book is located in the school lobby. It should be signed for late arrivals and early collections.
- Children should have their names on their books, coats, uniforms, lunch boxes and all other personal property.
- As the need arises parents will receive emails,letters and texts with regards to school matters and events. Encourage your child to deliver notes immediately or check each evening at homework time to see if there is a note from the school.
- Children are not allowed to have chewing gum in the school.